As Police and Crime Commissioner for Wiltshire and Swindon I will work with criminal justice partners to ensure we provide an efficient and effective criminal justice service in the area.
The work of the criminal justice system agencies in Swindon and Wiltshire is coordinated by the Wiltshire Criminal Justice Board (WCJB).
I sit on this board along with Chief Executives/designated lead officers of:
- Her Majesty’s Courts & Tribunals Service (HMCTS)
- Crown Prosecution Service (CPS)
- Wiltshire Police ·Judiciary
- Her Majesty’s Prison Service (HMPS)
- National Probation Service (NPS)
- Bristol, Gloucestershire, Somerset and Wiltshire Community Rehabilitation Company (BGSW CRC)
- Youth Offending Teams
The WCJB Vision Statement is:
Working together to keep the people of Wiltshire safe and confident by delivering justice for all.
- Delivering Justice together for local communities, victims and witnesses
- Working efficiently and effectively
- Delivering a digital service in line with the National Agenda
The key priorities will be:
- Implementing a joint plan to deliver Transforming Summary Justice (TSJ), which aims to achieve swifter justice, fewer hearings and more effective trials
- Improving services to victims and witnesses
- Increase the use of Video Technology
The Government has made significant changes in the delivery of Criminal Justice in an effort to reduce re-offending rates and will do so via its reform programme “Transforming Rehabilitation” (TR). The objective is to make efficiencies in order to invest more funding in extending and enhancing rehabilitation. Further information regarding this can be found here.