(Above: Volunteer Community Speed Watch Co-ordinators on a tour of Devizes HQ)
Support for the reduction of crime and disorder by communities is key to my Police and Crime Plan.
Some of the partners are statutory bodies, but the greater number are in the community voluntary sector, and at the base of all this are individuals who are engaged volunteers.
The role of volunteers in helping to deliver my Police and Crime Plan is multi-faceted.
- There are people who volunteer in support of the OPCC and its functions
- There are people who directly support the Chief Constable and his delivery of my Police and Crime Plan
- There are those within the Constabulary who volunteer outside their normal duties
- There are individual members of the community who volunteer in organisations commissioned by my office.
- There are volunteers in partner organisations which have an objective to reduce crime and reoffending.
The delivery of my Police and Crime Plan is supported by activity from within each of these groups, which can overlap.