Domestic Abuse Awareness - Horizon Victim and Witness Care
Police and Crime Commissioner Angus Macpherson funds a number of support services throughout Wiltshire and Swindon that help victims of domestic abuse. Every day this week we will be highlighting each of them in the hope that many more victims will be empowered to get the help they need.
I am delighted to commission £125,000 worth of funding into Horizon Victim and Witness Care. Putting victims and witnesses first is a priority of mine and I am committed to ensuring that every victim of crime benefits from the best possible integrated support service according to their needs.
The Horizon team, who are based at Wiltshire Police in Devizes, is comprised of one supervisor and 15 dedicated and specially trained staff. The team work closely with a wide network of services and partner agencies to provide support and guidance. This allows the team to jointly deliver the best possible service to victims and witnesses when they need it most.
Partnership working is fundamental to the shared vision for the future; a co-ordinated, consistent end-to-end service for victims from their first point of contact from Wiltshire Police, throughout their criminal justice journey.
How can Horizon help you?
- A dedicated Victim and Witness Care Officer assigned to victims of crime identified as most vulnerable
- Support and guidance throughout the criminal investigation process
- Simplified process for victims
- Greater level of co-ordinated end-to-end care for victims who need it most
- A schedule of contact between the victim and Wiltshire Police - victims will be able to say when and how long they wish to be contacted
- Signposting to relevant national and local services where appropriate
- Improved quality of outcomes for victims and witnesses, working closely with key partner agencies.
The Horizon team can be contacted directly on:
- Tel: 01380 861157
- Online form: https://horizon.wiltshire.police.uk/article/1158/Contact-Us