*** Deadline for applications has been extended until 4pm on Friday 5 June ***
The Ministry of Justice have made extra funding available for charities and organisations that are providing tailored support services to victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. This is part of the announced Government package of £76m extra funding to support victims and survivors of domestic abuse, sexual violence, vulnerable children and their families during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The funding is being made available for a six month period (covering March to the end of October 2020) to address the additional costs and pressures for charities and organisations in relation to the impact of Covid-19.
- Funding is available to charity and social enterprises of any size
- Charities and organisations must provide tailored support to victims of domestic abuse and or victims of sexual violence
- Funding is available to support victims of sexual abuse and sexual violence in Wiltshire and Swindon
- Charities and organisations do not have to be domestic abuse charities/organisations but as part of their work must have a tailored offer of support for victims of domestic abuse and or sexual violence
The maximum available amount for Wiltshire and Swindon for the period from 24 March 2020 to 31 October 2020 inclusive is £244,000 as allocated below:
- In total £122,000 is available to charities and organisations that support victims of domestic abuse that the PCC for Wiltshire and Swindon currently commissions.
- In total £61,000 is available to charities and organisations that support victims of domestic abuse that are not currently commissioned by the PCC for Wiltshire and Swindon
- In total £61,000 is available to charities and organisations that support victims of sexual violence whether already commissioned or not by the PCC for Wiltshire and Swindon
- There is no upper limit for any individual application.
Please complete the application form and return to OPCC Victims and Vulnerability Commissioning Manager Maria Milton by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for the receipt of any bids made to the PCC is 4pm on Friday 5 June 2020
Further information and guidance is available to download below or is available on the Ministry of Justice's website.
For more support please contact OPCC Victims and Vulnerability Commissioning Manager Maria Milton by emailing email@example.com
Additional Funding Streams
Other funds are being made available through the National Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Fund for organisations already in receipt of such funding. The Home Office is supporting organisations working on a national basis to support victims of domestic abuse and sexual violence. Further detail of these funds can be found here:
Existing recipients of grants from the national Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Fund are invited to request funding.
This funding will help rape support providers to meet the additional costs registered charities have incurred or will incur whilst adapting their services during the pandemic, including but not limited to:
- Short term income disruption resulting from COVID-19
- Essential costs of sustaining current activities during the pandemic
- Increased demand
For more information please visit the
Covid-19 Extraordinary Funding for Domestic Abuse Support Services
The Home Office will soon be launching a £2 million fund for domestic abuse charities with a national or regional presence which are affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, and for which other funding streams for domestic abuse charities are not specifically designed.
Guidance can be found on the
Full documentation and details for the fund will also be published on this page.