Digital Engagement Manager
Digital Engagement Manager
Salary range: W8 (£28,443 - £29,934)
Hours: 37 per week (Job share considered), permanent contract.
Location: Flexible working - Devizes HQ, working from home
This is an exciting opportunity for a talented digital communications professional to join a newly-created communications and engagement team within the Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner (OPCC).
The OPCC is responsible for supporting the Police and Crime Commissioner to bring together, and implement, a Police and Crime Plan, reflecting local and national policing priorities, to reduce crime and ensure an effective and efficient policing service in Wiltshire.
Following a decision to separate out OPCC and policing communications arrangements in Wiltshire, this is a new role designed to:
- Have lead responsibility for the development of all digital content and engagement for the OPCC. This includes setting strategy, researching, sourcing and creating impactful and engaging content to support OPCC communications campaigns and public engagement programmes.
- Support the Strategic Communications Manager, and the Campaigns and Communications Manager, to help develop and manage the OPCC’s programme of public engagement events to ensure the PCC is accessible, online and offline, to all communities across Wiltshire.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in a similar role – for example creating digital strategies and digital content within the public sector or in a media environment.
You will have the chance to really make an impact in a small, dynamic, team and provide vital contributions which make a difference in the communities of Wiltshire.
A keen interest in current affairs/ politics and understanding how of regional and national government works is important. A full driving licence is essential.
Requirements of the role
The successful candidate will need to provide evidence of digital strategy development and delivery, development of social media platforms, content creation, email marketing and communications evaluation and have experience:
- as a successful digital communications professional within a public sector, local authority or policing environment
- of development of multiple digital channels, CMSs and Google Analytics and a genuine interest in new and emerging platforms to help aid the work of the OPCC
- creating exciting, interesting, social media content to engage and inform with the ability to communicate complex information in a clear manner to appeal to multiple audiences
- of being able to work flexibly, both individually and within a team environment.
If you are interested in joining us, please submit a CV and covering letter to email@example.com or call Emma Morton, Interim Head of Communications and Engagement, on 01793 397338.
Shortlisting will be on 24 June and online interviews will be held during the following week.
Closing date: 22 June 2021
Shortlisting: 24 June 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 28 June 2021
The post is politically restricted post under the Local Government and Housing Act 1989